Thursday, May 31, 2007

A: This is unacceptable!

A: I won't take it any longer! I demand a refund!

B: Hello? Is this where they keep the telephones?

A: It is! But they won't give a damn, if you ain't got a dime!

B: I've brought some change...

A: Have you got a dollar?

B: I haven't.

A: Then they won't let you talk.

B: I just need to call my son and tell him..

A: Tell him, Robert Kang needs another chance.

B: What?

A: Tell him, Robert Kang is sorry...

B: Who is...

A: But I'm still mad! (beat) You see, there, see that phone?" (walks over to phone)"This is the instrument of life, and of death. I called my wife on this phone. We've been married for 11 years. We just divorced.

B: I'm sorry, that must be hard..

A: No it's not. It's been over a year. It's not hard. The divorce is easy. I just called her, it's been over a year, and let me tell you, my tongue has never been so quick, never been so comfortable speaking my mind.

B: Good, I'm going to call my son, now.

A: Good, tell him...

B: I'm telling him to remember his dentist appointment.

A: Robert Kang knows it was his fault...

B: Hey, it's not your fault--

A: You don't even know what I'm talking about!

B: Sure I do, you're Robert Kang, right?

A: I am if I'm sorry.

B: Well are you?

A: She just makes it so damn hard. She has to tell it to you before you can 'fess up. It's like the rugs been pulled from underneath your feet.

B: Well, sorry. I have to make this call.

A: They won't let you.

B: Sure they will (lifts receiver) See? You don't even have to pay. (beings dialing)

"A" looks on as B speaks into the phone.

B: Hey. Remember to go to the dentist. What? Your mom can't take you? Can't you just go yourself? You're big enough, now.

A: (softly) Don't.

B: Okay, good. Call me when you're done... I'll pick you up. Okay, bye.

"B" Hangs up receiver.

A: Don't! (this time yelling)

B: What?

No comments: