Thursday, May 03, 2007

Ten Minute Distraction: there's room

Here are a few things that interest me:

1. Webdesign. In high school, I took a webdesign class and beginners C++ class and since then I haven't much touched programming or webdesign. I've always been pretty good with computers, which basically means I've never let it become foreign to me--being tech savvy is simply having an active curiosity and confrontational (and sometimes stubborn) handle on tech problems that arise everyday. I want to get back into the programming world. Perhaps a good first step will be learning how to use my MAC OS X Terminal. Maybe look into the easiest and most efficient way to produce websites. Learn a few languages. Think of a simple idea, and launch a small website. Collaborate.

2. Art. Again, since highschool I've lost my grip on the charcoal. My father was a painter and he never encouraged me to aggressively pursue art. I don't resent him for this; he merely wanted me to have a broader outlook. But now that I look back, I see a lot of missed opportunities to have developed this particular talent of mine. It can be daunting to start drawing, or do anything that's creative, when one thinks of the level of competitiveness in this incredibly saturated world of ours. But hey, that only means more voices, and more choices. Most importantly, I need let my hand and eye travel across the page more often. I have to figure out what it is I want to do with the white space.

3. Dance. Shit, this is definitely something I have to get into and definitely something I've been putting off for too long. I should probably try taking care of my body better. ;) This whole, mind to body thing has become more and more difficult since college. It's like there was this disconnect once I left high school, and suddenly my thoughts were aloft, and my body a floating log in the black waters of time. Time to get grounded.

This is already too much. One step at a time. Gotta stay hungry.

Love.

No comments: