Monday, April 23, 2007

Evening Thoughts: on the summer, over a cool one

Man, I am too tired to write.

hehe

Today, was beautiful. The weather changed suddenly, giving breeze, giving sun, giving summer vibes so warm and so bright. Man, this is why I love New York. Every time this city does to me, I can't help but fall in love all over again. Changing seasons, this shit is so emotional! My favorite part of all this summer mayhem is the nights. I can't wait to chill on rooftops, walk the streets in a white t, and have many drinks, dinners, conversations, in open restaurants and bars all over the city. I can't wait to sit on steps, stand outside to say good bye, and fall asleep to open windows. It's going to be hot, it's going to be humid, and it's gonna get stiiiiiicccky! But shit, we'll glisten on the A all the way up to my place...

Summer work'll be sweaty commutes. Not quite the grimy Seoul city days of cigarettes breaks on rooftops and roaring remote controlled air conditioners spewing artificial ice cubes into tiny fan filled rooms. No, this summer is gonna be a different kind of grind. I'm back home and I got fam to take care of, friends to back me up, and business as usual. And luckily, this city never lets you get too comfortable, no, not me. This city will keep me stayin' hungry.

Love.

No comments: