Tuesday, November 08, 2005

All we do is dance

It must be the beginning of a good day when your vacuum cleaner's hum is on key with the gorillaz song blastin'.

It's 1:06 pm as I write this. I note the time because it makes me anxious. It makes me anxious because it will move forward despite my staying still. Sometimes I partition my days out into squares and set goals for each square (Feel Good Inc just came on, yes.) and sometimes I simply chill and take it one thing at a time.


My lungs are tired, o lordy, my lungs are tired.
I done drank my self away, cuz' I had no thang to pay
My limbs is tired, o lordy, my limbs is tired.
I done smoked my health away, cuz' love done gone astray

O lordy! I'm a dancin' in this smokey room
the talk is mighty loud, but the music's louder still--

I stopped breathin' and I can't stop steppin'
cuz' even though I'm hurtin'
and the talk is mighty loud
the music's louder still:

August 16th -
"Nothing makes any sense. Failure? Am I a failure?
Can it be changed? Is this all in vain. Is my brith one big mistake?
we are complicated. - The Night before my Flight"

I had a nightmare on the plane that I was still in Korea and stuck in Korea. I woke up in the pressurized safety of many miles in the air. I would continue to have this dream weeks into my arrival in New York.

I'm here, now. Finally, here.
I look forward to dancing.

No comments: