Saturday, July 07, 2007

Staying Hungry, the Saga

I wonder if I'll ever get used to waking up next to you. It's weird that I wonder this as I wake up alone. The thought weighs me down, as it is well known that absence is heavier than any roomful of people. Despair is quickly next, as I wonder whether or not love can migrate from one person to another, or whether a part of me will be forever stranded on an island as the rest of my body drifts away in search of continent. Soon, will the whole of me be scattered across this single archipelago in the vast answer-less ocean?

But then I let it open. Laughter mingles with song, and it's all because of you. Oh friendly hand upon my head, look of love straight through to the heart, one embrace to get me by another day, see there's no need to pray, no need to call upon some heavenly help, give me earthly medicine for this earthly hurt, after all she's only a woman, and it's so easy to get confused about that, but still I know when you're near, that love is still alive, I'm so alive.

Reminds me that I need more than open eyes to break the sleep, break it open like glass shattered from baseball bats, forceful entry because I left the keys inside and I don't trust other guys, the cops the technicians or neighborhood thieves to pop open my own shell, I'll do it myself, one part my home two parts my vessel, I need more than a pair of arms and legs to wrestle, just give me teeth and bones and a rope, I'll fight with might discovered like hope buried in years of bad fucking jokes, break all ya'll smiles and silhouettes, fill, in, the spirit with a hunger, yes the absence is breath, don't wait for me to love ya, it's already set, climb upon the remnants of evidence, let your scream prove that we've never left, remind me again, what does it take to love?

[Sometimes, it's like I need this kind of writing to thaw myself out of a deadness, to truly wake up, I need some music, I need a self reminder, an earnest scramble.]

1 comment:

Six said...

next to whom!