Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My ass, kicked

Body: I went to the gym yesterday after more than a week of inactivity supplemented by drinking. Luckily I ate fairly well, taking care to eat greens and staying away from shit (don't eat shit). So I had a comfortable week, no digestive problems. And yesterday I found myself running a hard two miles, and lifting for a solid fourty minutes. It felt great. This morning, however, I feel terrible. I'm tired and sleepy, and I'm not even sure if its soreness or just pure shock my body is going through.

Mind: Yet again I wake up late and try not to hate myself too much for starting the day off with incompetence. Yet again I sit in my cube feeling as if my life is going nowhere. Yet again I feel like I need something more. More than the satisfaction that I did a good days work for good money. Because, that feels good somedays, but other days its hard to remember my long term plans and truck ahead. Other days, most days, I fast forward my entire life in my head, only to see the dreary dark end.

Spirit: I haven't drawn, written, spoken, sung, danced, or screamed, in too long. I laugh though, and that gets me by. My cubemate is always great to snicker with. I had dinner with a friend last night whose sense of humor is comforting. And then there's music. I listened to a mix cd this morning, and that lifted my spirits up. But to neglect that essential list of disciplined cathartic exercises... that is to neglect living.

No comments: