Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I hope Autumn

Another morning, but today's morning is the first autumn morning of the year. Students are returning to school. The body aches a little more to stay in bed. I get up at 8, but it's still dark. The morning chill is a special sign. It means we're entering the dark period. It's a sign that everything can get cold, but that warmth is the greatest possibility. I always feel I might be reborn in the autumn season. Sometimes it turns out that I die. But every year, I feel hopeful, and this is the time perhaps most full of romance. If anything, there should be a few good love poems. If anything, there should be a longing, pure and crisp as the air, as nature finds its most poetic state, blushing and dying. This morning, I thank the maker for this reminder. Afterall, that's all we have. Signs to trigger the only flesh we have, memory. Quivering as the naked branches do, vitality is in the wind. Shivering, good morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

word.