Monday, June 25, 2007

Ten Minute Break: up-dates

Good morning!

It’s another week, and it’s another Monday. I woke up this morning and turned on “Do the Right Thing” and watched the first few minutes while getting ready for work; Spike Lee constantly amazes me with his theatre-esque direction and writing. He builds this world, colors it, and gives it a plurality of voices, each so strong, so insistent, and so obsessive. I picked up “The Invisible Man” and read it on the train. That book is scary how it talks to you, tells you things you’re not sure you’re ready to hear.

I took a different walking-route to work, and ended up getting a little protein drink (power apple pie, they call it). It was delicious. My friend is taking a road trip across America and he’s writing about it in his blog: American Jam Check it out. I spoke to another friend of mine last night, and he really opened my mind up. I was all stuck and hung up in a few impossibilities, and talking to him was like walking out into the cool morning sun. I’m co-writing with a friend a piece on a movie I’ve really enjoyed lately. I’ve set deadlines for certain projects relating to writing and drawing. And this week is going to be a pressure cooker. Big closing on Friday. Got to keep on moving.

No comments: